Saturday, January 16, 2010

Entry 31

[recording on]

*It is eerily quiet for a long moment. When the woman finally speaks her voice is weak and shaky and barely more than a whisper.*


My inheritance is frozen? I don't understand.

Everything was set up to go to me when they died...at least, that's what Mr. Setas said. The will states that everything goes to their daughter. I'm their daughter. Me. So what's wrong?

*There's silence broken only by the sound of shuffling papers*


Then there's this ... paper. It says the most horrendous thing.

...

I'm not their daughter.

*Her breath catches in her throat.*

I have to go to Umgul and find this woman, Kamma Hyde. Make her tell Mr. Setas that this is all a lie. I'm not her daughter.

*There's a pause and then you hear her take a deep breath. Her voice is firmer when she speaks again.*


I'll book transit to go this evening.

*Her voice is a slight whisper again.*

I should tell Falcun I'll be longer than I thought.

[recording off]

No comments:

Post a Comment