Monday, January 4, 2010

Entry 16

[recording on]

My intuition was right...funny thing about that. I had to get out of town for a bit, the voices in my head where just too loud and I needed noise. Lots and lots of noise. Heard there was gonna be some cage fighting going on in Carova today so I headed out that way. It really was perfect. Lots of people, lots of noise, lots of alcohol.

Even when I'm not on the prowl, I still find myself looking. Bad habits I suppose. Imagine my surprise when I saw Schwartze there. I managed to control myself. Don't seem so surprised. I wasn't there looking for him or any other man for that matter. I just wanted some peace...just a few moments.

*the woman sighs a little and then clears her throat*

I had a nice conversation with a black Bothan. It was nice because that's all it was. Simple conversation. No witty banter, no preening, no posing, no sizing each other up and trying to get the other in bed. Been awhile since I had a conversation like that with a man. But they started the cage fights and he walked off to watch.

*there's the sound of something lightly running over a wooden surface and then what seems to be the tapping of fingers*

The Lt wandered in. Talk about surprised. I didn't think the Major ever let him out. He sat down with me and we talked for a bit. My standard conversation is to flirt and stroke egos...and frankly, well..it didn't work with him. And then while I'm talking to the Lt, Schwartze is talking to another fella and I find out he's married. That really twists my knickers. I may be easy but I'm not a home-wrecker.

*the woman snorts indigently*

He actually had the nerve to tell me I should have done some research first! Why is it men are never to blame for cheating? Granted, we didn't do anything but the opportunity was there and he knew it...and not once did he tell me about his wife. There's a special place in hell for men like that.

*there's a slightly painful moan*

Ahhh, damn. I bet Gete knew and that's why she was playing interference. Ugh. I guess that means I have to apologize to the witch now. I'll get to it later...

Also, I had a conversation with the Lt. I'm tired now though...we'll talk later.

[recording off]

No comments:

Post a Comment