Monday, January 11, 2010

Entry 29

[recording on]

I hate paperwork. I hate interviews. I hate having to be professional.

*She pauses long enough to take a drink, setting the glass on the table with a light thud*


I interviewed another prospective employee. I honestly forget his name. A horrendous looking Sullustan. He seemed eager to please though so I couldn't over look that. Plus, Mr. Nix informed me when I hired him that he already had a full-time job and may not always be available for me at times. Unfortunately, the new man had lost his ship. I told him to call me when he got it back. He did,however, introduce me to another man...whom I'm told can cook. I'm having him over tomorrow to see if he's any good and if so, I'll hire him to cater the party.

*She takes another drink and you hear the chair creak as she leans back in it*

I got a package of paperwork that Mr. Setas sent by messenger. Apparently there are some problems with my parent's estate and I need to go home to tend to them. It will take me a day or so to make arrangements to leave. In the meantime we are having drills again tomorrow. I hope they don't expect me to shoot anything.

*The woman sighs, hiccups, and takes another drink. When she speaks again, you can tell the alcohol has started to take effect.*

I didn't get to see Amillo today. I only hope that we're able to spend some time together before I leave. It's bad enough I don't know how long I'll be...I don't even want to think about the fact that I'll be all alone while I'm gone.

*She lets out a slightly painful groan and takes another drink. When the glass hits the table this time you can tell she almost knocked it over.*

I really need to find someone else to spend time with...I don't want to get attached.

*She hiccups loudly and then laughs*

[recording off]

No comments:

Post a Comment