Thursday, December 31, 2009

Entry 4

[recording on]

*a soft clucking noise can be heard for a moment or two, followed by a word spoken so softly, the listener has to strain to hear it*

Etokas...


*a sharp laugh brings the speaker back to the present*

What a day, what a day I say!

If I didn't feel like I'd been put on a wild goose chase by that slimy Hal'ron then I might be able to enjoy what came of it....psh, I'll enjoy it anyway and deal with Hal'ron later.

Eisley is not a place I like to visit, let alone go into the cantina for any ammount of time, and yet that's where they always want to meet. I s'pose filth is attracted to filth eh?

Well, if I hadn't been there I wouldn't have made my current contact, slimy as He is.

Let's see if I can put everything out from the begining...

I'm leaning against the bar railing, thanking the 100 little Gods that I bring my own booze because no one ever sees me when I'm standing at the bar to order (mother says that's a sign I shouldn't be at the bar, and father says I should just bring my own alcohol - I tend to agree with father) and just looking out over the crowd. I'm trying to decide if Hal would come out if I find a spot at a front table or if I should just go to a back corner and hide in the dark while guarding my pockets.

While I'm making this decision, I let my eyes roam over the room at all the various species here and there's this one man(?) that I see that seems ... well ... like he's trying to impress someone with his mystery.

*soft chuckle*

How many men have I seen like that before? Walking around in full armor (helmet also) trying to exude an air of mystery. He's probably wanted by the Imperials but doesn't want to leave his current hooker alone lest she run off with 'his' money so he borrowed someone's armor so he can stay in the cantina and keep an eye on her with no one knowing who he is.

I came to this conclusion at the same time I found a table that was safe enough for both Hal and I and wandered over to it. So I'm sitting there drinking from my bottle, and rolling a pair of dice over my fingers to keep my hands busy and my mind calm when someone decides to address me, and it's not Hal'ron...it's the armored guy..

I let him sit, thinking he'll be amusing company till Hal comes around...and to my surprise he takes his helmet off. So much for my first assumption. But that's good. It always gets complicated when you befriend criminals in hiding, hell-fire, it gets complicated even when you've just been seen talking to them!

So we had our converation....he tried to flirt, I defected each time. Until we talked about work. Then the conversation was a give/take with no deflections. It was surprisingly more pleasent that I thought. So much so that, when I realized after all this time Hal'ron wouldn't show and I'd have to go pull him from his gambling to get what I needed, I felt a soft pull of regret that I'd be ending the conversation.

Standing up, before I could stop myself and under the pretense of work, I tossed him a datachip with my com info on it.

I hope he doesn't lose it....

[recording off]

No comments:

Post a Comment